Saturday 1 June 2013

FMP 27 - Quick Water Update

I followed a tutorial online to make my water for the environment, however i wasn't fully happy with it as it was too see through. If i want a swamp, the water should be murky. I did want it to be slightly see through but not fully clear. Looking back at the material in the editor, i saw that i wasnt using specular, even though the water had a shinyness to it. I thought of adding the same texture coordinates, panning and bump offset nodes to the reflective material then connecting it to the specular to see what would happen. Success! It seemed to have added an extra shiny and slightly boggy coloured layer to the water which you can see in the light. I also think it breaks up the repetitive boring clear previous water that had no other visual depth.


No comments:

Post a Comment